Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Can I have a volunteer from the audience?


My head hurts too badly to sleep so I might as well do something to occupy my brain.

Let's have a discussion.

Be assured I know for a fact I can wildly disagree with someone on certain issues and still respect and like or love them.  Having a wide range of friends enriches my life.  Don't know about y'all but you should give it a try sometime if you haven't.  You might like it.

Anyway, since the gay-marriage ban happened in North Carolina today, do I have any anti-gay friends I can ask some questions?

Obviously I'm pro-gay-marriage, so I know we'd have opposing views, but I'm trying to understand the logic and I want to know how you interpret the purpose of government.

So if there are any volunteers, I would truly appreciate.  I promise to be respectful and open-minded.  I don't mean to make that sound as though I will change my mind on the issue.  That is beyond unlikely, and safe to say impossible.  But my desire to understand your POV is sincere.

You can remain anon, too.  I understand if you feel it's necessary.  However I will say that remaining anonymous if this is truly how you feel does puzzle me and I'd like to discuss that also.  FYI.

Thanks to any takers.  I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment